Sunday 28 March 2010

One giant leap ...


Well, here goes, this is my first ever blog post. I have just joined the 23 Things programme at Oxford and am excited, albeit slightly nervous, about participating in this project. Creating this blog is just the start; I shall be exploring many other Web 2.0 technologies over the coming two weeks. There are several Web 2.0 tools that I use regularly on a personal level, but I'm looking forward to trying out more and considering how they could be used to engage library users.

It seems that few people really understand what librarians do. To an extent, this is probably unsurprising; a large proportion of our work tends to be accomplished behind the scenes. As communication and marketing tools, I believe Web 2.0 technologies have the potential to not only improve library services but also the image of the profession.

Photo credits: One Lady Leaping by laurenatclemson on Flickr. Some rights reserved under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic license.

1 comment: